09 October 2008

Ugh, lag

Whenever I try to group for an instance of late, my connection seizes up once we're inside and I start to DC repeatedly or suffer a fair bit of lag. I've had to swear it off to avoid annoying people and developing a bad reputation, and as instancing, along with roleplay, is pretty much all I play for this is really getting to me. I am enjoying leveling Kazra thanks to a bit of competition with Arranath from Class: Multiple and the ever handy Horde Leveling Guide Jame did, but I've always broken up long quest grinds with instances and battlegrounds in the past so I'm not sure how long I'll last sticking solo. Warcraft is so attractive to me because it's a MMORPG - a game you share with thousands of others - so ripping away the social aspect is a kick in the face!

So I need to figure out exactly why it is that I'm suffering this lag. It's potentially my wireless adapter, though of the off-chance it isn't, my computer specs are as follows:

Intel Core2 Quad CPU - 2.40 GHz
3GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i

Am I correct in supposing my RAM is rubbish...? It's all very perplexing. *growls*

1 comment:

Alex said...

No, your RAM is very much not rubbish. I'm running 2GB on mine, remember - unless you're running the 64-bit version of Vista the most you -can- have is 4GB without screwing up the comp. Don't worry about the Vista thing, though - basically if you want to have lots and lots of RAM you need the uber version of it, which costs alot more, I believe.

Based on the specs ye've given (which I've already seen, ofc ^^;) it's not an issue with the comp - so it's almost certainly your adapter, the router or your connection.

Good luck with getting it sorted, anyhow.