15 October 2008

Consideration? Bah


I'm on European servers so my patch day is Wednesday. I'm also one of those people desperately trying to avoid spoilers so I'll still get the shock and awe factor of some of the major changes I know are coming with this patch. This all means that, right now, I wish I hadn't taken my usual glance through of the various Warcraft communities I haunt online because you know what? It seems all those people over on the US servers haven't thought hard enough to realise that yes, yes you have your patch and yes it's live for you, but until everyone else has had a chance to get it too all the information about it counts as spoilers.

If you are plastering massive screenshots and ranting jubilantly about this feature or that feature from line one without any sort of warning you are frankly a total asshat. And no, "I didn't think of that" is not a defence. That just makes you too inconsiderate to even ponder the state of everyone else's patch status. For God's sake, there are enough whine posts from people on the US servers to make it clear that plenty of their realms are still offline and plenty of their data is corrupted, so how can you not realise that you're stealing some of the patch's spark?

Annoyance doesn't cover this.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I'm impressed you still have the optimism to expect WoW players to have consideration, and I ent talking about 12-year-olds - I mean the arsewipes who complain about 12-year-olds and then say that anyone who act like Athene, but seriously. (We are very serious about BROCCOLI)

Congrats on teh optimism, then. ^^;

...also, your word verification is "eeh, xubi" just now. <.>