03 September 2008

Carebears

So Sevielle is still stuck on a normal server, which means my ever present PvP flag tends to earn me a lot of blue attacks. It's certainly teaching me how to play a rogue caught out of stealth fairly well, but I have to admit it's pretty annoying when I see that level seventy undead that ganked me earlier running near a cliff and find I cannot distract him off the edge because his flag timed out.

Anyway, though mechanics thwart me at every turn, my RP character is a religiously war-seeking, xenophobic night elf who will attack any and every Horde character on sight. So when I find a trail of lowbie bodies leading into Goldshire as I'm heading out to the lake to meet a friend and a level 52 blood elf paladin comes racing out of the inn with guards in hot pursuit I immediately intercept and murder him. I would have done this, in fact, with every character except my total pacifists or perhaps Isolde, who might run along with him trying to start a conversation, before eventually tiring and lopping his head off. He was in Alliance territory. That makes him fair game on all accounts.

So I get a bit confused when a level seventy mage runs out after him and berates me for it through whisper.

"...Killing a level 52..."

"He was in Alliance lands. That makes him fair prey."

"He was level 52. That's a lot weaker than you. There's no honour in that."

"So there was in butchering our lowbies?"

"He was just sitting in the inn..."

"The trail of bodies says otherwise."

"You're just a bully..."

And this goes on until she finally comes up with "You should let level 65 guards deal with level 52 players." Because it is very benevolent to grant someone durability damage. >.>

She seemed to be under the impression that because this guy spent some time sitting in the inn emoting with her it was wrong of me to kill him, which is frankly a load of bollocks. I was just arriving as he was fleeing the scene, there were bodies everywhere, I hadn't seen the RP and frankly... just because your character has no faction pride and tolerates one of the enemy entering your town doesn't mean mine will. In fact, she'd probably kill him and then tell you what a worthless loser you are.

So please. Quit the lecturing and accept that RP does not necessarily equate to senseless pacifism.

~Irritable RPPvPer

No comments: